What is a Virus?
Computer Viruses are becoming more and more sophisticated, so it’s important to stay on top of your digital security. I know how frustrating it is to be bombarded with popups or error messages, or to find your PC filled with unwanted software. Most viruses will use up valuable system resources, sometimes scanning files or installing unwanted software to gather data. This generally makes your PC slow and laggy and poses a security risk, so it’s important to remove them.
What If I leave It?
It can be incredibly difficult to completely rid your system of them, which is why you should leave it to the professionals. Malicious software can be something as simple as a program installed to your web browser to collect your email address, right up to things designed to harvest credit card details or other sensitive data. More uncommonly it could be something serious like Ransomware. This type of software encrypts your files over the space of days or weeks, demanding money from you to unlock them. Unfortunately, once your files have been encrypted you have limited options available. Often people can lose everything from cherished photos to important work documents.
First of all, you need to get your computer looked at. It’s quick and easy to book a visit, just call or text me on 07578 741 366 and I’ll come over to assess the nature of the problem and advise you on the best course of action. Above all, It’s important that you power down your computer in the meantime.
How do I know if I have a virus?
It’s not always easy to detect whether or not your computer has a virus. Viruses, Malware, Spyware, Ransomware and Hijackers all have different methods of installing themselves and displaying on your computer. Thankfully there are a few markers which we can look for which can often give the game away.
- You’re getting strange pop ups telling you there’s a virus on your PC or an unknown program telling you that you need to perform a virus scan. Sometimes this can be caused by viruses themselves, in an attempt to trick you into installing more malicious software.
- You’re struggling to completely uninstall a program from your computer. Sometimes viruses will prevent you from uninstalling things through typical means, in an attempt to protect themselves.
- You notice strange files or program icons for software or browser plugins which you haven’t installed yourself.
- Your computer has suddenly and unexpectedly dropped in power or performance, or notice high disk usage. This could be an indication of malicious software running in the background.
- You might notice some missing files, or files which have become inaccessible for seemingly no reason. This can be a sign of Ransomware, it’s probably a good idea to switch your computer off at the wall and call an expert.
- Your computer may appears to lag or freeze sometimes, even when doing simple things like typing or browsing the internet. This is often as a result of a malicious software “hogging” valuable system resources.
- Being unable to access your hard drive or any USB drives could be a sign of a virus trying to lock you out of the system.
Price starts at £50 – Full price list can be found HERE
With my Virus Removal service, you will get:
- I will remove any malicious software from your computer and ensure your system is updated and secured against future attacks.
- I provide a door to door service, so I will come directly to you.
- Fixed price. No hidden costs and no nasty surprises.
- Honest, impartial advice. I’m not out to make a quick quid, my business is built on honesty and trust.
- On-going support. No matter what technical questions you have now or in the future, I’m here to help you.
If there is anything at all worrying you about your computer, please don’t hesitate to Call or Text me on 07578 741 366, I’m always happy to help.